At stake in this election:
- 308 seats in the Camera Deputatilor (Chamber of Deputies
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Klaus IOHANNIS (since 21 December 2014)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Ludovic ORBAN (since 4 November 2019)
- Assembly: Romania has a bicameral Parlament (Parliament) consisting of the Senat (Senate) with 176 seats and the Camera Deputatilor (Chamber of Deputies) with 412 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- For the Chamber of Deputies, 308 members are elected by a party-list proportional representation system, with a 5% threshold for parties and a threshold of 8-10% for electoral alliances. An additional 18 members are elected to represent the needs of minority communities.