At Stake in this Election:
- The Presidency of Cyprus
- Chief of State: Nikos ANASTASIADIS (since 28 February 2013)
- Head of Government: Nikos ANASTASIADIS (since 28 February 2013)
- Assembly: The unicameral House of Representatives (Βουλή των Αντιπροσώπων / Vouli ton Antiprosopon) is comprised of 80 seats with 56 seats assigned to Greek Cypriots and 24 to Turkish Cypriots but only those assigned to Greek Cypriots are filled.
The president is directly elected by absolute majority vote through up to two rounds of voting for a 5-year term.
In the first round election, Nikos CHRISTODOULIDIS received 32.04% of votes, and Andreas MAVROGIANNIS received 29.59% of votes, qualifying them to advance to the second round. Voter turnout was 70.79%.
- Andreas MAVROGIANNIS
- Nikos CHRISTODOULIDIS
Population and Registered Voters:
- Female Population: 619,510 (2020 est.)
- CEDAW Status: Signed 11 Nov 1981; Ratified 12 Mar 1992
- Gender Quota: None
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators (pre-election): 6 out of 81 in the National Assembly (7.4%)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: Rank 166 with a value of 0.525 (2021)
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: High at 0.278 (2014)
- CRPD Status: Signed 08 Feb 2008; Ratified 05 Jul 2012
- Projected population with a disability: 194,265 (2022 est.)
- Does IFES have a presence in Cyprus: No
- Election Judgements: Yes, 17 resources