At stake in this Election:
- The 14 seats in the Congress.
- Chief of State: President David W. PANUELO (since 11 May 2019)
- Head of Government: President David W. PANUELO (since 11 May 2019)
- Assembly: Micronesia has a unicameral congress with 14 seats
- The President is elected by parliament to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Congress, 4 members (Senators) are elected by proportional representation to serve 4-year terms, and 10 members are elected by plurality vote in single-member constituencies to serve 2-year terms. One proportional representation seat is elected from each of Micronesia’s four states: Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei, and Kosrae.
Main Parties in this Election:
- Seats won in last election: 14
* Micronesia does not have political parties; all candidates run as independents. There are 32 candidates running in this election.