At Stake in this Election:
- The Office of the President of Bulgaria
- Chief of State: President Rumen RADEV (since 22 January 2017)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Stefan YANEV* (since 12 May 2021)
- Assembly: The National Assembly of Bulgaria (Народно събрание, Narodno sabranie) is a unicameral parliament consisting of 240 members.
*Caretaker Prime Minister Stefan YANEV assumed his position following the resignation of former Prime Minister and GERB Leader Boyko BORISOV in April 2021. 
Electoral System: 
- The Bulgarian presidency is determined by a direct popular vote based on a majoritarian two-round system and serves a five-year term.
- The Prime Minister is elected by the National Assembly.
- The National Assembly is a unicameral parliamentary body comprised of 240 seats, which are renewed every four years. Representatives are elected from among 31 multi-member constituencies, with the number of seats per district determined according to population size. While 31 members are elected using a first-past-the-post system, the remaining 209 members are elected via a proportional representation system using closed party lists and the D’Hondt method. Competing parties must surpass a four percent threshold in order to attain parliamentary representation.
- The last presidential electoral cycle occurred from 6 November - 13 November 2016.
Main Candidates in this Election: 
- Candidate: Rumen RADEV
- Candidate: Anastas GERDZHIKOV
- Candidate: Mustafa KARADAYI
- Candidate: Kostadin KOSTADINOV
- Party: Revival
- Candidate: Lozan PANOV
- Party: Independent (with support from Democratic Bulgaria)
- Female Population: 3,556,343 
- Is Bulgaria a signatory to CEDAW: Yes (17 July 1980) 
- Has Bulgaria ratified CEDAW: Yes (8 February 1982) 
- Gender Quota: No legislated or voluntary party quotas 
- Female Leaders in this election: Yes (Maya MANOLOVA of Stand Up, BG! We Are Coming!)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: Rank 56 at 0.816 (2020) 
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Low 
- Is Bulgaria a signatory to CRPD: Yes (27 September 2007) 
- Has Bulgaria ratified CRPD: Yes (22 March 2012) 
- Population with a disability: 1,078,034