At stake in this Referendum:
- Referendum on whether to restore basic rights to ethnic minorities erased from the citizen registry in 1992.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Janez DRNOVSEK
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Anton ROP
- Assembly: Slovenia has a unicameral National Assembly with 90 seats.
Main provisions in the Referendum:
- Whether ethnic minorities whose residential status (and attendant rights) were erased in 1992 should have their rights restored.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 1,997,012 (2004)
- Registered Voters: 1,626,913 (2004)
· Female Population: 1,023,225 (2004)
· Is Slovenia a signatory to CEDAW: No
· Has Slovenia ratified CEDAW: Yes, succession (6 July 1992)
· Gender Quota: Yes
· Female candidates in this election: N/A
· Number of Female Parliamentarians: 12 (following the 2000 elections)
· Human Development Index Position: 25 (2014)
· Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: Very Low (2014)
· Is Slovenia a signatory to CRPD: Yes (30 March 2007)
· Has Slovenia ratified CRPD: Yes (24 April 2008)
· Population with a disability: 299,551 (est.)