At stake in this election:
- At least 101 seats in the unicameral National Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Armen SARKSYAN
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Nikol PASHINIAN
- Assembly: Armenia has a unicameral National Assembly (Azgayin Zhoghov) with 101 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- National Assembly members are elected by proportional representation with a "stable parliamentary majority" stipulation to five year terms. The 101 seats are awarded proportionally to political parties from a national list and 13 district lists. Voters may vote for one district candidate in addition to their votes for the national list. Each candidate is listed on both the national list and their district list.
- If no party or alliance achieves a "stable parliamentary majority" of 54 percent within 28 days of the first round, a second round is held. Coalition talks are held after the first round if the 54 percent is not reached and coalitions of up to two parties may be formed.
- Political parties must meet a 5% threshold and alliances a 7% threshold to win seats.
- Up to four additional seats are reserved for the largest minority groups: Yezidis, Russians, Assyrians, and Kurds.