At stake in this election:
- 21 seats in the Staten van Curaçao (Estates of Curaçao)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: King WILLEM-ALEXANDER (since 30 April 2013); represented by Governor Lucille A. GEORGE-WOUT (since 4 November 2013)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Eugene RHUGGENAATH (since 29 May 2017)
- Assembly: Curaçao has a unicameral Staten van Curaçao (Estates of Curaçao) composed of 21 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- Members of the Estates of Curaçao are directly elected by proportional representation vote to serve 4-year terms.
Note: To be eligible to contest parliamentary elections, political parties that are not represented in parliament are required to compete in a pre-election round of voting and must receive at least 1% of the valid votes cast in the previous parliamentary election.