At stake in this election:
- The office of President of Burkina Faso
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Roch Marc Christian KABORÉ (since 29 December 2015)
- Head of Government: Prime Minister Christophe Joseph Marie DABIRÉ (since 24 January 2019)
- Assembly: Burkina Faso has a National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) with 127 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system to serve a 5-year term.
- Prime Minister is appointed by the president with the approval of the parliament.
- In the National Assembly (Assemblée Nationale) 127 members are elected through a closed-list proportional representation system to serve 5-year terms.**
**In the National Assembly, 111 members are elected by proportional representation in 45 multi-member constituencies having between 2 and 9 seats, and 16 members are elected by proportional representation in a nationwide constituency.
Main candidates in this election:
* The Constitutional Court affirmed 13 candidates for this race.
- Roch Marc Christian Kaboré
- Party: People's Movement for Progress (MPP)
- Tahirou Barry
- Party: MCR
- Zéphirin Diabré
- Party: Union for Progress and Change (UPC)
- Me Farama Ségui Ambroise
- Party: OPA-BF
- Monique Yeli Kam
- Party: MRF
- Ablassé Ouédraogo
- Party: otherwise Faso
- Eddie Komboïgo
- Party: Congress for Democracy and Progress (CDP)
- Gilbert Noël Ouédraogo
- Party: ADF-RDA
- Kadré Desiré Ouédraogo
- Party: Acting together
- Do Pascal Sessouma
- Party: Burkina vision
- Abdoulaye Soma
- Party: Soleil d'Avenir
- Claude Aimé Tassembedo
- Party: Independent
- Yacouba Isaac Zida
- Party: MPS