At stake in this election:
- The office of president of the Republic of Ghana
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Nana AKUDO-ADDO (since 7 January 2017)
- Head of Government: President Nana AKUDO-ADDO (since 7 January 2017)
- Assembly: Ghana has a unicameral Parliament composed of 275 seats with members serving 4-year terms.
Description of electoral system:
- The president is directly elected by absolute majority popular vote in 2 rounds if needed for a 4-year term, with eligibility for a second term.