At stake in this election:
- The 1 non-voting delegate seat in the United States (US) House of Representatives (“Washington Delegate”)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Donald TRUMP
- Head of Government: Governor Lourdes Aflague Leon GUERRERO
- Assembly: Guam has a unicameral Legislature of Guam (Liheslaturan Guåhan) with 15 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by an electoral college to serve a 4-year term.*
- The Governor is elected by absolute majority vote through a two-round system to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Legislature of Guam (Liheslaturan Guåhan) 15 members are elected by popular vote to serve 2-year terms.**
* Residents of unincorporated territories do not vote in elections for US president or vice president, however, they may vote in Democratic and Republican presidential primary elections.
**Residents also elect one non-voting delegate (“Washington Delegate”) to serve a 2-year term in the US House of Representatives.