At stake in this election:
- The 1 member of the French National Assembly
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Francois HOLLANDE *
- Head of Government: President of the Territorial Assembly Mikaele KULMOETOKE
- Assembly: Wallis And Futuna has a unicameral Territorial Assembly (Assemblée Territoriale) with 20 seats.
* Represented by High Administrator Marcel RENOUF.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by popular vote.
- President of the Territorial Assembly is elected by the National Assembly.
- In the Territorial Assembly (Assemblée Territoriale) 20 members are elected by proportional representation in multi-member constituencies. to serve 5-year terms.
Main candidates/parties in the electoral race:
- Candidate: Napole POLUTELE
- Party: Union of Democrats and Independents / Union des démocrates et indépendants (UDI)
- Candidate: Sylvain BRIAL
- Party: Liberties and Territories / Libertés et Territoires
- Candidate: Hervé Michel DELORD
- Party: The Republicans / Les Républicains
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 11,683 (2018 est.)
- Registered Voters: 8,480 (2018)
- Female Population:
- Is Wallis and Futuna a signatory to CEDAW: Yes – via France (17 July 1980)
- Has Wallis and Futuna ratified CEDAW: Yes – via France (14 December 1980)
- Gender Quota:
- Female candidates in this election: No
- Number of Female Parliamentarians: 6
- Human Development Index Position: France – 21
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: France – Very Low
- Is Wallis and Futuna a signatory to CRPD: Yes – via France (30 March 2007)
- Has Wallis and Futuna ratified CRPD: Yes – via France (18 February 2010)
- Population with a disability: 1,753 (2018 est.)