At stake in this election:
- The 33 seats in the Parliament (Nitijela)
For a list of current members of the Nitijela elected in this election, see here.
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Christopher LOEAK
- Head of Government: President Christopher LOEAK
- Assembly: Marshall Islands has a unicameral Parliament (Nitijela) with 33 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by parliament to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Parliament (Nitijela) 33 members are elected by plurality vote in multi-member constituencies to serve 4-year terms.
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Seats won in last election: 33
*Marshall Islands traditionally has not had political parties, although there are groupings which compete: the United Democratic Party and Aelon Kein Ad. For a full list of candidates in this elections, click here.
- The last election for the Parliament (Nitijela) was held on 21 November 2011. 39,994 voters participated in the election.
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 72,191 (July 2015 est.)70,983
- Registered voters: 39,994 (2011)
- Female Population: 34,651 (July 2015 est.) 
- Are the Marshall Islands a signatory to CEDAW: N/A
- Have the Marshall Islands ratified CEDAW: Yes (2 March 2006)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 1 (3.03%) of 33 seats in the Parliament (Nitijela)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Are the Marshall Islands a signatory to CRPD: N/A
- Have the Marshall Islands ratified CRPD: Yes (17 March 2015)
- Population with a disability: 10,829 (2015 est.)