At stake in this election:
- 33 seats in the Parliament (Nitijela)
Description of government structure:
- Chief of State: President Kessai Note
- Head of Government: President Kessai Note
- Assembly: Marshall Islands has a unicameral Parliament (Nitijela) with 33 seats.
Description of electoral system:
- The President is elected by parliament to serve a 4-year term.
- In the Parliament (Nitijela) 33 members are elected by plurality vote in multi-member constituencies to serve 4-year terms.
Main parties in the electoral race:
- Independent(s): Non-Partisans
Population and number of registered voters:
- Population: 52,136 (2007)
- Registered Voters: 36,134 (2007)
- Are the Marshall Islands a signatory to CEDAW: No
- Have the Marshall Islands ratified CEDAW: Yes, accession (2 March 2006)
- Gender Quota: No
- Female Candidates in this election: Yes
- Number of Female Legislators: 1 (following the 2007 elections)
- Human Development Index (HDI) Position: N/A
- Social Institutions and Gender Index (SIGI) Categorization: N/A
- Are the Marshall Islands a signatory to CRPD: No
- Have the Marshall Islands ratified CRPD: Yes, accession (17 March 2015)
- Population with a disability: 7,820 (est.)